Wednesday, July 21, 2010

INVASIVE COMMAND – Ride Invade Kill Conquer CD review


INVASIVE COMMAND – Ride Invade Kill Conquer CD
Blackmetal.com Records

There’s nothing like reviewing a release by a promising band who seem to have split up or so when I checked out their Myspace page. It seems that two band members quit after this was released. Well thankfully it was from nothing I said. I say promising because this Philadelphia, PA band sound like they were weaned on Teutonic Thrash or more specifically SODOM and to some extent DESTRUCTION. Whenever I hear something which reminds me of those two greats I go into the closet to pull out my German World War Two helmet. Once fully seated upon my head I then turn up the volume and proceed to down copious amounts of German lager and smash the empty bottles against my helmeted head. Luckily this CD ain’t that long or there would be a case of broken glass all over my fuckin floor.

On this the band’s debut full length the connection from 80’s German Thrash and Hostile City, USA is not a straight line but the chaos is evident. Its blackened thrash that sounds like it was recorded in a filthy sewer underneath South Street. Some cuts sound more primitive than others and there’s even a hint of Hardcore/Punk which is to be expected since the city is infamous for it. (RANCID VAT anyone?) I use to live a short drive away from Hostile City years ago so it’s no surprise to hear a band from there who harnesses the more primordial edge of Extreme Metal. All they have to do is look at out their barred bedroom window from their row house to get inspiration to produce filth ridden thrash. Hopefully the remaining members of INVASIVE COMMAND will keep it going. This band’s second outing could truly be some screams from the gutter. We need more bands like this now since the Thrash Revival has become redundant. I won’t say rest in pieces yet to this Hostile City band.

www.blackmetal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment