Tuesday, August 3, 2010

FITCAGE – Pigumanity CD review


FITCAGE – Pigumanity CD
Soul Flesh Collector Records

From Russia with Grindcore plus plenty of Death Metal, inbetween song sound bites and western influences. Grindcore is technically universal so seeing that this band was from Russia really didn’t excite me one bit. They could just as well be from bumfuck Oklahoma or that little piss ant burg where you call home. The sound and style is pretty much going to be generic with a few exceptions of course. This genre does have some high water marks which I definitely praise from time to time. But for the rest of the crowd I look for deficiencies which always turn me away. If a Grindcore band sounds like a bunch of brats screaming left leaning knee-jerk political rhetoric than fuck em. Grow your hair out, get an acoustic guitar and stand on a corner in that college town you live in to play for spare change you fuckin hippie. Secondly if your release has more less than a minute songs than over a minute than you really suck. You’re not making music you’re just cranking out annoying noise to piss people off. Guess what? You’ve pissed me off too and I’m coming over there to that shithole you call a practice space to beat you senselessly with your own fuckin instruments.

Why am I so angry? Well it’s this fuckin CD and it’s good. FITCAGE fit into my prerequisite for good Grindcore because the music simply makes you angry. There are nineteen songs on here with only six under a minute. As far as the influences go these guys know their NAPALM DEATH and NASUM inside out. Some grind snobs might find that a bit too much but not me. If your sound pays homage to two of the five standard bearers of Grind then more power to ya comrades. Another thing is that FITCAGE don’t mind a little Death metal creeping in for a great effect. There are Grind snobs who believe having DM in their sound is impure and beneath them. I just wanna shoot assholes like that in the back as they run. I’d like to shoot em where they stand but they’re cowards and always run like scared rabbits. That’s why when you aim for their heads you’ve gotta lean into the shot. But enough of my weekend exploits, I’d say FITCAGE are probably one of the better Grindcore bands I’ve heard this year which ain’t saying much. I’m not saying Grindcore in 2010 is equal to the sight of an unflushed toilet after a week’s worth of usage. I just don’t get much Grindcore coming to me because of the politically incorrect nature of Scumfeast.

www.sfcollector.ru/

No comments:

Post a Comment