Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MILKING THE GOATMACHINE - Seven, a Dinner for One CD review


MILKING THE GOATMACHINE - Seven, a Dinner for One CD
NoiseArt Records
Genre: Goatgrind
Rating: 3/4

They're Back! Germany's MILKING THE GOATMACHINE who I considered pretty cool a few years ago. This is the follow up to their 2008 debut Back From the Goats release. I know some people who thought the first one was just a novelty one off. OK it's goat themed goregrind, well actually it's grindcore, death metal and thrash aka: Goatgrind, performed by guys wearing goat masks. For some that may be a novelty but for me any band who can at least add something new to this tired genre is a winner in my book. Plus they've got three "wolf" songs on here so hey I ain't complaining. For anyone who will not take this serious then you're in for a real loss. Seven, a Dinner for One is actually a German fairytale for kids put to music. Basically the first ten cuts are devoted to The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids. I'm not gonna spoil it for ya but with songs like "Crunchy & Tasty", "Here Comes Uncle Wolf" and "The Wolf Is Dead" you get the idea. I think the concept is brilliant which should have this band's naysayers sucking slop. The last six cuts on here are a mix of covers and the band goating around. "Goat on the Water" had me laughing at the title but it was not what I was expecting. The same can be said for "Black Horn Sun" but we all know that "Milk Me Up Before I Go Go" has become their new anthem. Either way I think this sophomore release proves without a doubt that these goats are not to be taken lightly.

Label: http://myspace.com/noiseart


Myspace: http://myspace.com/milkingthegoatmachine


No comments:

Post a Comment